Saturday, May 8, 2010

The End Of Something

The last week before the test lies in front of me.  I've memorized all the stuff I have to memorize.  I've turned in my application, passport photos (they go to World Taekwondo Federation HQ for our official ID cards),  my essay about my taekwondo journey (I will post my essay on this blog after the test), and the ungodly testing fee.

My injured knee is what it is.  It's still swollen and my range of motion isn't what I'd like, but it's not painful.  Put on a brace and pray.  From what I've heard from the other 4th dan candidates, I'm not alone in dealing with chronic injury.  Oh well, it's better to burn out than it is to rust.  In the final analysis, the experience has been well worth the price we've paid.  My essay will be the last post on this blog.  There is nothing left to do but the test itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment