Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Homeostasis

This week's goal is to finish memorizing Palgwe #8.  I'm 80% there right now.  After that, there's only one form left to memorize: Pyongwon.  I've walked through it with my teammates, and it's not nearly as intimidating as Palgwe #8.  No worries.  Also, I have only five more nunchuck patterns to memorize, then I know everything.  ;-)

All of this has been made possible by my fellow 4th-dan candidates, Cathi and Andrea in particular.  I've been going to our school's headquarters at West Union and practicing with them after the 11:00 AM class.  Since our head instructor doesn't actually teach any of the advanced techniques we need to know (grr, long-running source of frustration), we're on our own.  Fortunately Cathi has gleaned all of these techniques from various sources, so she's become the go-to person for the rest of us.

So, now the agenda for the test is set in stone.  No more surprises, no more trying to guess what the Grandmaster expects from us.  I'm not losing any weight (my eating has gone to hell) but my body feels good.  My resting heart rate is dropping, and so is my recovery time (thanks again, ADAPT Training).  My bad knee is what it is; not so much pain, but the range of motion is definitely restricted.  I'm still confident, and I will be very ready on May 15.

2 comments:

  1. When is the big test? I want to mark it on my calendar!!!!

    BTW - I hope to come back to classes in a few weeks:) I am waiting until I am done with my Master's!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Jim!! I'm excited for you. :D

    ReplyDelete